What is a connected store?
Essentially, a connected store is able to bring all of a business’ existing data and leverage it in store to enhance the customer experience and drive operational efficiencies. The data is largely surfaced through interfaces presented on devices like digital kiosk screens. Connecting existing systems like POS, CRM and e-commerce to stores allows businesses to transform stores at low capital expenditure. This in turn drives profitability through lowering indirect spend and creating more opportunities to sell to customers.
Connected store technologies like Foyer are a fast, efficient means of digital transformation with a purpose - delivering a seamless brand experience for customers across all touchpoints, whilst maximising every square foot of the store.
Let’s look at the benefits across the board.
- More ways to browse and purchase: Customers can browse the full range of inventory on digital screens and complete their cart.
- Contactless commerce: Customers can check out and pay on any device, including their own.
- Buy Online, Pick up In Store: Click & Collect options, providing more options for customers who can receive personalised service upon arrival.
- Appointment options: Ability to book appointments for a smoother experience and better customer service.
- In store fulfilment: Associates can receive Pick & Packing requests from online orders, fulfilling the request and sending a timely message when the order is ready. Anticipating the customer provides smoother in store operations and better service on arrival, freeing up staff to focus on other tasks whilst managing foot traffic and preparing orders.
- Deeper personalisation: Using apps like Foyer on devices in store allows associates to surface all the required customer data in one place, from transaction history to loyalty information, so they can provide better service to customers and drive cross selling opportunities and higher value sales.
- Queue Busting: Connected stores often feature queue busting solutions like Queue Manager to manage customer traffic, process purchases faster and free up the registers. Associates can use this opportunity not just to transact, but to surface loyalty information and provide cross selling opportunities.
- Prioritization: Associates can use devices to see and prioritize customer requests, optimising the floor and providing more efficient staffing.
- Smarter operations: Improve staff productivity and efficiencies in staffing requirements by empowering staff with the tools to provide smarter, smoother service.
- Insights & Metrics: Use multiple in store data points for rich analytics that can show insights from specific stores and the larger network. Track everything from average order value to cart size, popular items and associate efficiency, reporting back and optimising as you go to demonstrate ROI on your connected store investments.
- Future-proofing: Use modular solutions that are extensible and integrate with your existing technology stack so you can continue to evolve as your customer needs change.